Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seed Starting

Today I started some seeds for the community garden that Jody and I will be starting this summer. I planted some basil, tarragon, and chives. Tomorrow I will get my tomatoes, melons, and peppers started.

My set up is limited because our apartment is so small, but where there's a will there's a way!



This window is south facing, and I was able to clip on that little light, so I really hope it will be enough to get some transplants going.





My BGFF Kendra introduced me to these little peat pellets. Thanks Kendra! These were super easy.

I am also going to direct sow a few of these seeds just to see what happens. Maybe I will get lucky and they will grow okay without being started indoors first. I will run a little trial of transplants vs. direct sow and see what differences there are.

My first sprouts should be up in about a week, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment